Saturday, June 14, 2008

My Hero



I want to pay tribute to the most amazing father, he is a man of great intergity, humility, compassion, trust and dedication to his family. I have known this man for 42 years and been taught by his great example of unconditional love and unwavering devotion. Never once in those years have I every heard him swear or speak unjustly of another. He has served faithfully in the Gospel and many have been touched by his love and example. During my life time I have given him plenty of reasons to be disappointed, angry, hurt, frustrated, sad, untrusted and heartbreaking. But at the end of each day I know without a doubt that he loves me, that through all my trials he has carried and bore the burden of my choices. I am greatful for a faithful priesthood holder who has placed his hands on my head and given blessings of comfort, forgiveness and faith to endure what I must. While I was growing up we always had a house full to friends to whom they called him dad. He loved the youth of the church and made sure everyone felt wanted and loved. His devotion to the family has always been unwavering. There are so many memories that we all share about our dad. He made sure we learned how to work hard and play hard. All of our camping trips, motorcycle outtings, skiing trips and countless vacations each having specific memories of fun, laughter and bonding. Dad I love you with all my heart and know I have truely been blessed for having such a wonderful father. I love you.
As I ponder the love that I saw in his eyes,
A Godly love, given without compromise....
I recall many times that he stood by my side,
And prodded me on with great vigor and pride.
His voice ever confident, firm and yet fair,
Always speaking with patience, tenderness and care.
The power and might of his hands was so sure,
I knew there was nothing we couldn't endure.
It's true, a few others provided insight,
Yet, he laid the foundation that kept me upright.
He's the grandest of men to have lived on this earth,
Although he's not royal by stature or birth.
He's a man of great dignity, honor and strength.
His merits are noble, and of admirable length.
He's far greater than all other men that I know,
He's my Dad, he's my mentor, my friend and hero

No comments: