Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas 2008


I can't believe that another year has come and gone. Is it just me or did 2008 start off slow then the second half of the year just whized by? Before you could blink it was over. Everyone is a year older and hopefully wiser. We experienced happiness and grief, we became united as a country yet divided at the same time. Some of our families grew and some experienced loss of loved ones. All in all we just expereinced LIFE. Each day we have choices to make, some will be good and some will not but non the less whatever choices we make is what makes up our own life and the lives around us.

This Christmas I couldn't have asked for anything better. I had my family around me. My mom and dad came up from Arizona to a winter wonderland of snow, snow and more snow.

Ali came up with Marley (her baby), Matt came and spent Christmas Eve and Morning with us.

Deborah and Kasey were there along with James, Kenna, Maddie, Craig, Millie.

We had a wonderful time opening presents, playing games, laughing, visiting and eating and some of us shoveling snow several times during the day. James would have to differ on the wonderful part since he became sick on Christmas Eve and spent most of the night in the bathroom but I have to wonder if he was hoping to see Santa and was just using that as an excuse.

I know that we all get caught up in the hustle and bustle of the holiday season. Trying to pick out that perfect gift but when it comes right down to it the perfect gift isn't the kind you buy. It is there all year long. "FAMILY"

No comments: