Monday, March 2, 2009

A Recipe Worth Sharing

Here is an amazing recipe you have to try: Hope you enjoy!

Sweet Pork
4 lbs Pork Loin Roast (double the meat if you want, it makes a lot of sauce)
2 8oz cans tomato sauce
1 1/2 tsp pressed garlic
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
2 tsp. cumin
2 cups Dr. Pepper (it is 1 can)
2 tbsp. corn syrup OR Molasses (I prefer the molasses)
1/4 tsp. Salt
pepper to taste

Mix the entire about ingredients and place in a crock pot and cook until meat is tender and pulls away with fork. Shred meat and return to sauce in crock pot and let simmer another hour before serving so the meat can marinate and soak up the juice.

Lime Rice
2 tbsp. butter
1 1/4 cup rice (long grain rice)
2 1/4 cup chicken broth
3/4 tsp. salt
pepper
juice and zest of 1 large or 2 small limes
2 tbsp. fresh chopped cilantro
1/4 tsp. cumin

In a skillet melt butter with rice, add liquid, and all other ingredients, bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and cook for 20 minutes.

Creamy Cilantro Dressing
1 16oz Jar of La Victoria green salsa
1 pkg. Buttermilk ranch dressing (dry)
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 cup fresh chopped cilantro
2 cloves pressed garlic
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 cup sugar
Few drops Tabasco sauce (optional)
Blend all ingredients in blender until smooth and creamy.

This has been a BIG hit at our home!

11 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Is this the Cafe Rio recipe? Delicious!

The Farmer's Wife said...

YUM....I have similar recipes...I am going to try your!

Dawna Allred said...

Grandma's got that in the crockpot as I type!! I cant wait!
And right behind my office, walking distance of 4 minutes, is a Cafe Rio. It rocks!

David Allred said...

Well, I had some last night and it was wonderful, everyone loved it, and there was just enough left over for lunch. Very Good and I woudl recommend it.

Jen said...

Mom made the lime rice last night and it was very good! Thanks for sharing.

Erin said...

Yum! How close does this taste to the actual Cafe Rio pork? Because I do not live within close driving distance of one and I need a recipe that comes close to the yummy taste!

Lisa said...

This tastes just like Cafe Rio pork!!! Give it a try you will LOVE IT!

Christa said...

EEEEEEE!!!!! So, this is the Dr. Pepper pork recipe! It looks delicious and easy. I'll be making it this week. For sure.

Omgirl said...

How long does it take until it pulls apart with a fork? An hour, two, three? Just need an estimate on when to get started. Thanks!

Lisa said...

I did mine in the crock pot and it was about 5 hours before I could pull apart the meat. Depending on the crock pot I would say 5 to 6 hours.

Pedaling said...

looks so good. sweet and yummy!