Saturday, October 18, 2008

Day Three Coronado Island

OK our days really don't start off until after 12:00 like I mentioned before. Millie has been sleeping so good while we have been here that it is worth the trip to let her sleep. After she woke up from her nap we headed for the beach. I think Millie would take off and swim in the ocean if she could. It was all I could do to stop her from just running right into the ocean. She would squeal and think that this is the most wonderful thing. She always has loved the water and it really shows here. She loves playing in the sand. I think I have a beach babe here, What do you think? Blond and blue eyes, I'm in trouble!

After we left the beach we had to come back to the condo to get cleaned up again and then we headed towards Main Street on Coronado Island. I thought that I would pick something up as a memento of us being here. Well I had to second guess that choice because things are just way to expensive here. We walked around and just enjoyed the atmosphere of this wonderful town. We found a cute little ice cream shop to stop and get some treats. We were just leaving when we were approached by a group of couples doing a scavenger hunt. (They were very nice and about my age, they looked like they were having so much fun.) They came up to us and told us that they only had one more thing to get for their final item on the hunt and that was a picture of a babies bottom. I said no problem I didn't mind Millie posing for this shot since she is defiantly camera read and knows all about what it takes to have a picture taken. Then when I got Millie out of the stroller they said it has to be a pic of a bare bottom. I laugh and said of course it does. Again this didn't bother me because if you ever seen Millie's bottom you would know that she has about the cutest bare butt there is. So I pulled down her britches and loosened her diaper, just a little to expose just enough of her butt for them to get the pic that they needed but also covered enough to make MOM feel like this was OK. We all laughed and Millie was probally thinking what the heck is going on. The only thing I regret is that I didn't hand the camera to my dad to get a picture of the group taking the picture. That would have been awesome.



We headed back towards the condo and took a detour through Hotel Coronado. There were weddings going on and it made me miss being married. It seemed like every corner we turned there was a bride and a groom, smiling and kissing and loving on each other. I know that sound Corney but it gets lonely being single. I probably shouldn't put this on the blog but what the heck it's how I feel and this is my blog so there.

So here I am with Millie sleeping AGAIN and doing my blog. We are talking about what we are going to do for dinner. I think I have eaten more this weekend then I have all month. It's been so fun being here with my family. I'm sure I will add more after dinner but this is what I have for now.

No comments: